Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Best 60 songs of 2007, according to me. Part 1 of 3

I've been trying to put this year in music in perspective, my favorite album of the year (Radiohead's In Rainbows) is probably my favorite album to come out at least since Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot but then, some what like last year, I didn't fall in love with too many bands not named the National. Again this year, I ENJOYED a lot of songs and a lot of bands...maybe this is just how things are in the new paradigm, we get access to so much music that we somehow appreciate it less. This year, my top 50 consequently grew to a top 60. Justin rolled into town the other day and lent me his entire record collection which caused me to remember what it's like to listen to a whole record and not have the ability to access 10,000 songs at a time. It's quite refreshing, those vinyl discs. Anyhow, here's part of the list, if anyone is interested in hearing all these songs in one place let me know...

60. Kings of Leon "Knocked Up" Because of the Times
59. Rooney "When did Your Heart go Missing?" Calling The World
58. Placebo "Meds (single mix)" Extended Play 07
57. Dustin Kensrue "Pistol" Please Come Home
56. Rivers Cuomo "I Was Made for You" The Home Recordings of Rivers Cuomo
55.
Pela "This Desert's Not a Desert At All" Anytown Graffiti
54. Foo Fighters "The Pretender" Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace
53. The Frames "Minds Made Up" The Cost
52. Leeroy Stagger "Satellite" Depression River
51. Rihanna "Umbrella" Good Girl Gone Bad
50. Jimmy Eat World "Firefight" Chase This Light
49. Minus The Bear "Ice Monster" Planet of Ice
48. Band of Horses "Is There a Ghost" Cease to Begin
47. Elliott Smith "All Cleaned Out" New Moon
46. Ozma "Heartache vs. Heartbreak" Pasadena
45. Spoon "The Underdog" Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
44. Okkervil River "Savannah Smiles" The Stage Names
43. Rilo Kiley "Silver Lining" Under the Blacklight
42. Jose Gonzalez "Cycling Trivialities" In Our Nature
41. Wilco "The Thanks I Get" single


No comments: