Monday, November 24, 2008

vigilantes of love, bill mallonee

I stayed up way too late last night pondering/researching/ruminating on the life and times of a certain songwriting hero of mine, Bill Mallonee formerly/currently of Vigilantes of Love. See Wikipedia article.

Bill has fallen on some hard times recently, so if you like what you hear, please consider purchasing some of his records. Also, there are some good deals available. I just got Audible Sigh from Amazon mp3 for $6.99 even though I own the disc somewhere. Part of me feels like editorializing on Bill's uniquely American story but I'll leave that up to this excellent piece in CT and instead recommend that you give his music a chance.

I recommend the songs, "Resplendant" and "Goes with Saying" from Audible Sigh but my favorite VOL record is "To the Roof of The Sky."

No comments: